The Mat-Su Academy has several courses coming up and we are seeking students for our new daytime Insulated Concrete Forms class coming up March 24th - 28th, call 376-4704 today for more info!
Fairbanks Construction Academy
FCA is offering courses now! View More Information
Fairbanks Construction Academy is accepting applications for training in Weatherization, Electrical, Painting/Taping, Hydronic Heating, and Welding
BUILDING ALASKA ONE COMMUNITY AT A TIME
There are many ways AWP can help you connect to training, education, apprenticeship, and careers in Alaska’s construction industry:
• The Anchorage, Mat-Su, and Fairbanks Construction Academies offer introductory training in several trades skills including; carpentry, welding, plumbing, electrical, weatherization, insulated concrete forms and drywall with metal studs/framing.
• The Apprenticeship Outreach program assists rural Alaskans apply for and gain entry into Alaska’s construction trade apprenticeships.
• The Women in the Trades program gives hands-on training to help women transition into a well-paid construction career.
• The Pipeline Training Academy teaches the skills and teamwork needed to build a cross-country pipeline.
• Helmets to Hardhats reaches out to retired and transitioning active-duty military members and helps them connect to quality career and training in construction.
Would you like a construction career with paid on-the-job training?
Are you a Veteran or serving in the National Guard and Reserves and looking for an exciting second career?
Are you a student or young Alaskan who wants explore the many good careers construction has to offer?
Are you from a rural area looking to work in the construction industry?
AWP can help you connect to training, education, apprenticeship, and careers in Alaska’s construction industry.
Alaska Works Partnerships puts Alaskans in Alaska jobs first.
Together we’re building Alaska one community at a time.
AWP delivers services in partnership with Alaska’s Building Trades unions, the Alaska Department of Labor & Workforce Development, the U.S. Department of Labor, the Denali Training Fund, and the Construction Education Foundation. We also team with employers, communities, and regional organizations on targeted projects. We find motivated applicants, provide the best training, and match qualified individuals with specific job opportunities.